Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Poor Sophers!

Nathan came home from school today and found Sophie at the gate shaking. Not her normal greeting of jumping and wagging her tail. Once she got inside she went and hid under Matthew's bed. Nathan noticed she had some blood on her shoulder.

Unfortunately I was on a conference call so it was over an hour before I could get home and sure enough she was hiding under Matthew's bed. I could not lure her out - not even with Pupperoni. Nathan and I had to move the bed twice but finally got her out. She whimpered so much when I picked her up.... :(

We took her to the emergency vet. Thankfully no broken bones (was afraid she got hit by a car) but she has a nickle size gash in her shoulder. We are guessing she got out of the fence then when coming back in she got caught on the chain link fence and pulled it. Yuk!

The vet fixed her up pretty quickly but without stiches. It is all open - double yuk!! She has pain meds and antibiotics. $145 and peace of mind.

Nathan was such a trooper. He is not much for blood but he held her gently in the back seat to and from the vet.

She will not let me get near her cut at the moment. I guess I cannot blame her.

Doesn't she look pitiful?






1 comment:

Shelly said...

Awww... poor Miss Sophie!