Sunday, November 2, 2008

Home Fix It......

In the Spring of this year a pipe broke in the boys bathroom upstairs. When I came home from work that evening the water had flooded their bathroom and created a nice big stain on the kitchen ceiling. I have not been motivated to fix it until now.

So yesterday I went to Lowe's and got spray Kilz and spray popcorn. (Yes, the ceiling is that old yucky popcorn.) The Kilz worked pretty well but this morning it was still yellowish. So off to Lowe's I go again for ceiling paint as I really did not want to use the popcorn on such a large space.

Well, the painting started well but then I hit the spot where the water had saturated quite a bit. The popcorn just started coming down and down and down. UGH! The bad stuff is now all scraped away and I will be calling a "professional."

Kilz, paint and special rolling brush - $35

Hiring a professional - Pricey











Doesn't this almost look like an eagle with it's wings spread???

No comments: