Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Death

A found out this morning that a co-worker became suddenly ill over the weekend and died yesterday. Matthew Kahn also coached soccer for his son's team while I coached my son's team. We scrimmaged each week after practice for two seasons. Matt was only a year older than me. He has 3 kids. Matt was a nice guy and I enjoyed his enthusiasm for soccer and seeing not only his son improve in the game but all kids. He always cheered on my Matthew.

I found out tonight that a guy that graduated a year ahead of me in high school died last week. I did not know him that well.

It makes me take pause and think if all my proverbial ducks are in a row...on all fronts. Will my children be cared for? Am I right with God? Have I done all the things I really want to do? I truly am thankful for my boys and my family. Life can be gone in a minute. No doubt we ALL need to value and savor each and every morsel...even the bad ones.

No comments: