Sunday, November 8, 2009

State Marching Band Competition

Nathan and the band headed to Orangeburg for the State Marching Band Competition yesterday.

They performed EXTREMELY well and received a rating of "Excellent." They ended up 11th our of 14 bands. They missed the finals by only 4 points! In comparison, last year they finished 13th and missed the finals by 10 points. They did great considering the large number of rookies! Nathan and kids were so disappointed but eventually the smiles won out.

I am incredibly proud of not only Nathan, but of the entire band. The kids have worked very hard and it showed yesterday. No doubt they are laying a good foundation for next year.

Hugs Nate Daddy!

One thing Nathan told me I will share. He says marching is the "smart kids sport." I laughed and asked why. He said "How many football players do you know that can play and instrument while walking backwards on their tip toes?" Not many I don't think. LOL







Mom, this is for you. I know you wanted to be there. The picture part is not very good but the sound is somewhat decent. I think you can get an idea of how they played.

No comments: