Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh my beautiful orchid

Over four years ago my dear friend Shelly and I bought two orchids at a grocery store of all places. They bloomed beautifully that first year. When Shelly moved to Washington she gave me hers to take care of. I got mine to bloom a second time...a feat as I had never done that before. Unfortunately it has withered away.

Over the past four years I have not gotten Shelly's to re bloom until NOW. I honestly thought it was going to wither and die like mine but lo and behold in early August it sprouted a new stalk with cute little buds. I think my very nice window at work provided the best environment.

I started taking pictures of it every few days to chronicle it's growth. Every day we marveled at it's new growth. Thanks to Desmond for taking pics while I was in Australia.

I thought you would like to see at least part of the beautiful transformation. I hope the blooms last for the next month.














Aren't the blooms incredible??

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Ok, we all know that plant would be SO dead if I still had it. So glad it's thriving! :)