Sunday, September 13, 2009

And let there be GOLF!

I am getting back into the swing of things...quite literally. I have played a few rounds of golf with friends over the past month and yesterday took the plunge and played a charity tournament for work. Okay...it certainly was NOT work but raised funds for our United Way campaign.

I played with my long time friend, Desmond, and two work friends, Ted and Buster. We had a great time. We shot a 66 which is decent but not good enough to win a Captain's Choice tourney. Winning score was 54. TWO TEAMS actually shot a 54. We had some good laughs and TOO MANY close putts.

I held my own and was able to hit off the tee pretty well and land a few greens. Putting was a bit off but I would like to formally blame the recent aeration on the greens! *wink*

I will gloat a little bit and tell you that on our last hole for the day (#2), we took my tee shot, my approach shot (which landed so pretty on the green!) and even took my putt for birdie. I was really tickled to finish the round that way. I guess I will keep playing...

It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL S.C. day!

Here are a few shots for our LONG day at Willow Creek. We had lunch at noon, teed off at 2 and despite a lot of teams finished our round in 5 and half hours. LONG day for sure.

(Ted, Buster and Des)


(me, Buster and Des)


(I used a "red tee buster" which allowed me to take my tee shot from 200 yards out. I hit into this brown patch but we had a clear shot to the green.)


(Buster landed his on the green nice and pretty. Go Buster!)


(And Ted with his shot. We birdied the hole.)


(Buster and I waiting to tee off at the turn.)


(Des taking a putt. I think this was on 8.)


(Ted and Buster. Notice the chipmunk cheeks! These Southern boys and their chew!)


(Des and I before our last hole.)


No comments: