Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grand Rapids, Michigan


(Matt, Rob, me and Brett in front and Dave and Chris in back. We missed getting Rob and Chris' wives in the mix. I think they were smart!)

Super little city. Never thought GR was such a pretty town with so much to do. Who knew a Northern town could be so cool? (Southern girl bias here! LOL) I managed to score a nice room at the JW Marriott with my points (thanks to years of traveling!) Check out the view from my room !!!



I hung out with friends in a local place and walked all over the city. Quaint, safe city. Loved it. I did not know Amway was founded here nor did I know it was such a populated city (Dave, did you say 2nd largest city in MI??). Gerald Ford is from here and buried here. I had never been to a Presidential Library.....okay, it was closed but I walked the campus and saw where he is buried. And yes, even ice skating and a kid's museum. Very neat stuff to do.


(Chris' wife, Jilian and Dave.....She was awesome to endure our WoW talk!!!)


(Chris claiming he really started playing WoW for Jilian!)


(Chris and Matt)

(Dave and Brett...somehow I get the feeling they have done this before.)


(Pic of the JW Marriott across the water - it is the one lit up in blue. So pretty at night and over the water.)

No comments: