Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Bumps and Bruises... :(

Let me preface this by saying I am extremely thankful I played sports nearly all my life. I broke bones, got more stitches than I can count and certainly sprains. I think all of that prepared me for this.....

So Matthew gets home from football last night and there is a comment about him being an official football player now. I come into the room expecting to see him with his jersey on. Instead this is what I see........

Evidently they are practicing in full pads and were doing a number of head to head drills. I simply could not believe how is right arm looked. As the night progressed his left arm decided to bloom into bruises and scratches. Almost like he had been dragged along gravel.

Then to top it off his back has this lovely number on it. Matthew has no idea how this got there other than getting hit hard and having his pads rub the wrong way. Hummm... I am not completely familiar with all the rules of football but I am pretty sure a hit from behind is illegal.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Ouch! I cry when Harper gets a bug bite, so I'm not sure I'd be so good with the beating your poor guy is taking!