Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Aussie Food

So after a long day at work yesterday I come back to the hotel and ordered room service. Not much of a selection so I ordered a "burger and fries." The burger shows up with 6 slices of tomato, lettuce...thus far normal.....then here comes the interesting stuff......4 slices of beets, 2 slices of thick ham, a fried egg and the beef!! HUH? This is not a burger! Fuddrucker's doesn't even offer this. Turns out this is a traditional Aussie burger. Uhm....I did not eat it all. Note: If you want ketchup for the fries you have to ask for tomato sauce.

Today we ate lunch at a Turkish restaurant. Thinly sliced lamb and chicken marinated and grilled. CAN YOU SAY YUMMY? Plus two dips, a salad of your choosing and unlevened bread. The bread was warm, tasteful and out of this world good. My dips were hummus and cucumber and my salad was greek which was basically FRESH cucumbers, olive and mozzerella. The downside of all this yumminess? I would be the size of a house if I ate this every week.

Hopefully tomorrow night I will get away from the hotel and enjoy more Aussie treats. The hotel room service is lacking. I stopped at one of the dozen 7-11's nearby tonight and got yogurt for breakfast. Literally there is one every block.

No comments: