Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Streets of Melbourne

Just a few pics from my walk from the train station to the hotel tonight...which by the way took over an hour to get from the office to the hotel. A little farther than expected.

I passed this lovely flower stand. I would have fresh flowers in my home all the time if I passed this place every day after work. Can't you hear them say 'take me home!'? :) Shelly - I thought of you when I passed it. They had so many beautiful ones that I knew you would love to paint.


This is the art center. (The blue spire at the end of the street.) It is supposed to look like a ballerina and her tutu. The 'ballerina' towers very high into the Melbourne skyline. At night it lights up blue. I hope to get a better picture later this week. And this is what nearly every street in downtown Melbourne looks like....store after store after store mixed in with unique architecture like churches and museums, etc.

And finally this is the view from my balcony.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You're right! I WOULD have LOVED to see all the flowers. I need to find somewhere in Ohio to find me some pretties (oh wait, I think my new backyard has lots of flowers according to the wonderful three page long typewritten letter that the previous owners left with us). Anyway... SO glad you're having a good time and such a unique experience! BIG HUGS!