Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Walk in Downtown Melbourne

My sleep patterns are still out of whack and I am a bit tired but I got out tonight for a walk in Downtown Melbourne. Here are some pics from my wanderings.

Another pic of that VERY cute flower shop. The aroma of the flowers tonight was incredible. I was almost like Bugs Bunny when he smells food and floats on air to get there...

This is a sculpture on the street corner of three men 'waiting on the tram'. I hope to get better pics in the day as the lighting was very poor tonight.


And finally this is the Flinders Street train station. It is very beautiful inside with lovely old dark 'timber.' It is a 'Heritage' building...basically a historically protected building. There is an old ballroom just above the archway but the floor is now rotten. There evidently has been talk of restoring it but nothing thus far.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey Girlie! Looks like you're having fun.

You've been tagged. Read my blog to find out more. :)